JOB TITLE: Bank Controller / Operations, SVP
REPORTS TO: Chief Financial Officer
BASIC FUNCTION: The Controller is responsible for managing all phases of corporate accounting, corporate finance, regulatory reporting and management reporting.
Corporate Accounting Responsibilities include:
- Manage all aspects of accounting operations.
- Maintain the GL structure of the Company including maintenance of GL accounts, creating and setting up brand new GL accounts, adding new branches, cost centers, entities, and verifying reporting codes to ensure accurate financial reporting.
- Manage the implementation and maintenance of internal financial controls.
- Manage the completion of assigned month end close activities and prioritize staff assignments to meet timeframes established for month-end, quarter-end and annual closing of the general ledger.
- Responsible for ensuring that reconciliations are accurate, complete and in compliance with GAAP.
- Manage the full cycle of the accounts payable process, from invoice receipt to payment. This includes 1099 NEC tax reporting.
- Ensure the fixed assets subledger and corresponding general ledger accounts are properly calculated, supported, and reconciled.
- Manage the billing and accounting for bank leases. Ensure that rents are billed accurately, and revenue and lease costs are accounted for properly in accordance with GAAP.
- Ensure bonds are accounted for properly in accordance with GAAP.
Corporate Finance Responsibilities include:
- Prepare the annual budget, quarterly forecasts and updates, and other longer-term financial projections.
- Oversee the preparation of the quarterly Asset/Liability Committee ALCO package.
- Maintain and enhance support documentation for Asset /Liability ALM and Liquidity assumptions based on regulatory changes as needed.
- Ensure the interest risks are properly represented. Proactively identify new/emerging IR risks. Identify potential model or calibration adjustments based on changing balance sheet dynamics, present remediation and supporting documentation.
- Maintain ALM policies and procedures.
- Manage and oversee the monitoring and reporting of the bank’s liquidity position including various liquidity ratios, collateral availability, the estimated capacity of existing and potential funding sources, liquidity projections, stress liquidity scenarios, funding concentrations, commitment usage, levels, peer comparisons, etc.
Reporting Responsibilities include:
- Oversee and/or prepare the monthly, quarterly, and annual management reports for the bank. These include - board report package, asset liability management report package, BancFirst monthly report package and Forvis audit packages.
- Manage in-house ad hoc reporting requests.
- Oversee and/or prepare the quarterly and annual regulatory reports for the bank - call report and summary of deposits.
Other Job Responsibilities:
- As needed, streamline, and simplify all required financial processes; understand connection and impact to operations.
- Assist CFO as needed.
- Develop and maintain healthy, collaborative relationships with crossfunctional leaders among varying levels.
- Support the activities of both internal and external auditors throughout the year by providing requested documentation, explanations for large or unusual transactions, and communication of critical accounting processes.
- Mentor, train, and develop a team of professional and clerical team members.
Ideal candidate will have the following:
- 5+ years experience in bank accounting
- Accounting degree preferred
- Experience as a Bank Controller or Bank Cashier preferred
- Experience with Asset Liability Management a plus
- Supervisor / Management experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (especially Excel) with the ability to learn and utilize new and existing banking and accounting software applications.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple priorities and meet established deadlines.
- Analytical ability to interpret data and present it in a meaningful and easily understood form while providing recommendations.
- Ability to take initiative in problem solving and use sound judgment to produce practical solutions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of staff and management.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of accounting concepts/standards, US GAAP.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.